Does your child love being the center of attention? Do they love to sing and act? Are they shy but want to make new friends and learn more about being on a stage? Then our Musical Theater classes will be a great fit for them!
Over the past 15 years, the students in our Musical Theater programs have performed over 50 performances for our community. Our students range in age from 4-18, and we have many students that have been a part of our program and are now continuing their theater training in community theaters, landing leads in their Middle and High School productions, and continuing their theater education at the college level.
Our school year program follows the Lake County school calendar for MAJOR holidays. Days that are missed for holidays are made up by adding extra rehearsal times during show week.
As part of our program, students are taught all aspects of being a part of a full musical theater production. In the beginning of the session we take them through the audition process so they know what may be expected of them when they not only audition for us, but for other theater opportunities. They are then cast in a role in our current production, and learn theater terminology, acting skills, characterization, and even Improv techniques that will be helpful for them in their performance. Along with acting, children also learn choreography for musical numbers that are crowd pleasing and FUN! Most important of all, by participating in our program our students learn the importance of working as a team as well as build their own self-confidence along the way to help them blossom into the person they were born to be!
We look forward to seeing you on stage.
VPK through Age 6 Musical Theater- Welcome To Our Neighborhood
From the popular program Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood comes this musical tribute to Fred McFeely Rogers, who has impacted the lives of young children and their families for generations. In this delightful collection of eight songs and connecting dialog, Mr. Rogers and the children take a ride on Trolley to the Neighborhood of Make-Believe, where they meet up with Queen Sara Saturday, King Friday, Daniel Striped Tiger, and Mr. McFeely. Songs include, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, It’s You I Like, It’s Such A Good Feeling and more. Click HERE to listen to a sample of the show.
- (Spring Season is $250) $50 per month spread into 5 monthly payments- Mondays: (5:00-5:45 p.m.) – August 13th – December 10th with a performance on TBA
Elementary Musical Theater Ages 7 through 5th Grade– Disney’s The Aristocat’s Kids
Based on the beloved Disney animated film, and featuring a jazzy, upbeat score, Disney’s The Aristocats KIDS is a non-stop thrill ride of feline fun, complete with unbelievable twists and turns.
In the heart of Paris, a kind and eccentric millionairess wills her entire estate to Duchess, her high-society cat, and her three little kittens. Laughs and adventure ensue as the greedy, bumbling butler pulls off the ultimate catnap caper. Now it’s up to the rough-and-tumble alley cat, Thomas O’Malley, and his band of swingin’ jazz cats to save the day. Click HERE to listen to a sample of the show.
- (Elementary Fall Season is $375) $75 per month spread into 5 monthly payments Wednesdays: (6:00-7:30 p.m.) – August 15th – December 12th with a performance date set for Friday, December 7th & Saturday, December 8th @ 7:00. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY ADDED TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL THE WEEK OF THE SHOW ON Thursday, December 6th from 5:00-8:30. Spots are limited to 30. Please Note: Students who miss Mandatory Tech and Dress rehearsals or have multiple absences, parts may be released to their understudy and your child’s role may be switched to another. We understand being ill or if there is a family emergency, absences will be excused.
- Middle & High School Musical Theater- Music Man, Jr.
- Master showman Harold Hill is in town and he’s got “seventy-six trombones” in tow. Can upright, uptight Marian, the town librarian, resist his powerful allure? The story follows fast-talking traveling salesman, Harold Hill, as he cons the people of River City, Iowa, into buying instruments and uniforms for a boys’ band he vows to organize. The catch? He doesn’t know a trombone from a treble clef. His plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for Marian, whose belief in Harold’s power just might help him succeed in the end in spite of himself. Click HERE to listen to samples of the music and a breakdown of characters
- (Fall Season is $425) $85 per month spread into 5 monthly payments- Mondays: (6:00-8:00 p.m.) – Monday – August 13th-December 10th with performance dates set for Saturday, December 15th @ 1:00 & 7:00. Spots are limited to 30. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY ADDED TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL THE WEEK OF THE SHOW ON (DAYS TBA Shortly). The musical will be cast by audition only. Please Note: Students who miss Mandatory Tech and Dress rehearsals or have multiple absences, parts may be released to their understudy and your child’s role may be switched to another. We understand being ill or if there is a family emergency, absences will be excused. Before registering, please be aware that if your child is involved in other activities with their middle & high school during our tech week or important rehearsals prior, their part may be released to another cast member. It is very difficult for the other students when their team members are not present during tech rehearsals.
Tuition is based on the season (Fall or Spring), which is conveniently broken into 5 payments
Factoring in holiday breaks, workshops, and extended class for Production rehearsal
- REGISTRATION FEE (UPDATED): Seasonal non-refundable registration fee is $60 ($50 for registered sibling). Registration includes purchasing show materials & rights to perform music, costume fees, and show t-shirt)
- COSTUME FEES: Includes all costumes, headpieces, rental props. Studio handles all sizing, ordering, & any necessary alterations.
- TUITION– Tuition is due by the 1st of each month or by the first day of the month of your child’s class. If tuition is not paid by due date, a $25 late fee will apply. Tuition can be paid by check or credit card at the studio, on the website via credit card, or check by mail at 305 North US Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl. 34715
Go To Our Registration Page to sign your child up for classes
(no class Thanksgiving Week, Spring Break, and major holidays). We will follow Lake County School Holiday Calendar for days off with the exception of Teacher Planning Days. If there are any changes, parents will be notified.)
We are located at 305 US-Highway 27 Suite D-Minneola, 34715 at the Minneola Plaza.