Does your child love being the center of attention? Do they love to sing and act? Are they shy but want to make new friends and learn more about being on a stage? Then our Musical Theater classes will be a great fit for them!
Over the past 12 years, the students in our Musical Theater programs have performed over 50 performances for our community. Our students range in age from 4-18, and we have many students that have been a part of our program and are now continuing their theater training in community theaters, landing leads in their Middle and High School productions, and continuing their theater education at the college level.
Our school year program follows the Lake County school calendar for MAJOR holidays. Days that are missed for holidays are made up by adding extra rehearsal times during show week.
As part of our program, students are taught all aspects of being a part of a full musical theater production. In the beginning of the session we take them through the audition process so they know what may be expected of them when they not only audition for us, but for other theater opportunities. They are then cast in a role in our current production, and learn theater terminology, acting skills, characterization, and even Improv techniques that will be helpful for them in their performance. Along with acting, children also learn choreography for musical numbers that are crowd pleasing and FUN! Most important of all, by participating in our program our students learn the importance of working as a team as well as build their own self-confidence along the way to help them blossom into the person they were born to be!
We look forward to seeing you on stage.
FALL 2017 Classes Are Closed
You can pre-register for Spring 2018
Classes TBA in October
- VPK through Age 6 Musical Theater Go Fish
- A Tuna Fish that can’t carry a tune? A Star Fish that can’t get an acting job? A seven-legged Octopus? A Zebra Fish with spots? Join in the aquatic fun as little Tiger Shark and his unique collection of friends discover how their differences make them each special
- (Fall Season is $240) $60 per month spread into 4 monthly payments- Mondays: (4:30-5:30 p.m.) – August 14th – November 13th with a performance on that Monday November 13th @ 6:00 (Time Subject to change) at the studio. Spots are limited to 20 students.
- Elementary Musical Theater Ages 7 (by July 1st) through 5th Grade of Jungle Book Kids. CLASS IS FULL. CLICK HERE TO BE ON THE WAITING LIST OR SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE SHOW CHORUS. Banished by the ferocious tiger, Shere Khan, a human boy named Mowgli and his panther friend, Bagheera, are on the run in the deepest parts of the jungle. On their journey, the two meet a sinister snake named Kaa, a herd of elephants and a giant bear named Baloo, who teaches them the swingin’ musical rhythms of the jungle. After surviving a dangerous encounter with a band of monkeys led by King Louie, Mowgli and Bagheera are forced to run for their lives. When Shere Khan returns, our heroes must rally their fellow animals into battle and restore peace throughout the jungle. Click HERE to see the show breakdown of characters with music.
- (Fall Season is $375) $75 per month spread into 5 monthly payments Wednesdays: (6:00-7:30 p.m.) – August 16th – December 13th with a performance date set for Saturday, November 18th @ 1:00 & 7:00. Classes will continue each Wednesday through December 13th to focus on monologues, scenes, and preparation skills. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY ADDED TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL THE WEEK OF THE SHOW ON Thursday, November 16th and Friday, November 17th. Spots are limited to 25. Please Note: Many roles will have understudies. Students who miss Mandatory Tech and Dress rehearsals or have multiple absences, parts may be released to their understudy and your child’s role may be switched to another. We understand being ill or if there is a family emergency, absences will be excused.
- Middle & High School Musical Theater Charlie Brown Christmas & Holiday Radio Show A Christmas Carol
- The classic animated television special A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS comes to life in this faithful stage adaptation, in which Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts Gang discover the true meaning of Christmas. When Charlie Brown complains about the overwhelming materialism he sees among everyone during the Christmas season, Lucy suggests that he become director of the school Christmas pageant. Charlie Brown accepts, but this proves to be a frustrating endeavor. When an attempt to restore the proper holiday spirit with a forlorn little Christmas fir tree fails, he needs Linus’ help to discover the real meaning of Christmas. We will also be including as a double feature a holiday radio show for the kids to put on using sound effects just like a radio show from the 1930’s (Fall Season is $425) $85 per month spread into 5 monthly payments- Mondays: (6:00-8:00 p.m.) – August 14th- December 11th with performance dates set for Friday, December 8th @ 7:00 and Saturday December 9th @ 1:00 & 7:00. All performances will be at our studio with a possible performance at a retirement community TBA. Classes will continue the following Monday, December 11th. Spots are limited to 25. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY ADDED TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL THE WEEK OF THE SHOW ON Monday, December 4th &Tuesday, December 5th from 6:00-8:30 Spots are limited to 25 This musical will be cast by audition only. Some students will be learning tech and backstage roles, as well. More details to come. Please Note: Many roles will have understudies. Students who miss Mandatory Tech and Dress rehearsals or have multiple absences, parts may be released to their understudy and your child’s role may be switched to another. We understand being ill or if there is a family emergency, absences will be excused. Before registering, please be aware that if your child is involved in other activities with their middle & high school during our tech week or important rehearsals prior, their part may be released to another cast member. It is very difficult for the other students when their team members are not present during tech rehearsals.
Tuition is based on a season running for 5 months (4 months for the VPK-6 Year old class)
Factoring in holiday breaks, workshops, and extended class for Production rehearsal
- REGISTRATION FEE: Seasonal non-refundable registration fee – $25 / Student or $30 / Family. Registration includes purchasing show materials & rights to perform music.
- COSTUME FEES: $25 Costume Payments are due October 1st and include all costumes, headpieces, rental props. Studio handles all sizing, ordering, & any necessary alterations.
- PRODUCTION FEE: Our annual SPRING production is an exciting event for students of all ages. Those participating will pay a production fee of $35 per family due by April 1st. This fee covers rental of the auditorium for rehearsal & production dates, stage crew, lighting, backdrop, and other costs associated with the professional performance for which we are so well known.
Go To Our Registration Page to sign your child up soon before classes fill.
(no class Thanksgiving Week, Spring Break, and major holidays). We will follow Lake County School Holiday Calendar for days off. If there are any changes, parents will be notified.
We are located at 305 US-Highway 27 Suite D-Minneola, 34715 at the Minneola Plaza.