Does your child love being the center of attention? Do they love to sing and act? Are they shy but want to make new friends and learn more about being on a stage? Then our Musical Theater classes will be a great fit for them!
Over the past 13 years, the students in our Musical Theater programs have performed over 50 performances for our community. Our students range in age from 4-18, and we have many students that have been a part of our program and are now continuing their theater training in community theaters, landing leads in their Middle and High School productions, and continuing their theater education at the college level.
Our school year program follows the Lake County school calendar for MAJOR holidays. Days that are missed for holidays are made up by adding extra rehearsal times during show week.
As part of our program, students are taught all aspects of being a part of a full musical theater production. In the beginning of the session we take them through the audition process so they know what may be expected of them when they not only audition for us, but for other theater opportunities. They are then cast in a role in our current production, and learn theater terminology, acting skills, characterization, and even Improv techniques that will be helpful for them in their performance. Along with acting, children also learn choreography for musical numbers that are crowd pleasing and FUN! Most important of all, by participating in our program our students learn the importance of working as a team as well as build their own self-confidence along the way to help them blossom into the person they were born to be!
We look forward to seeing you on stage.
Spring 2018 Classes
- VPK through Age 6 Musical Theater- E-I-E-I-Oops!
Farmer MacDonald’s whole barnyard is singing away! The rooster sings tenor, the mule chimes in on bass, the chicks are pretty good altos, and the sheep are all over the place! But wait! Something’s wrong with Mr. Cow…he just can’t moo! Join the fun as the animals all do their part to save the day! With easy rhyming dialog, this clever musical features five original songs in a variety of styles. Click HERE to listen to a sample of the show.
- (Spring Season is $200) $50 per month spread into 4 monthly payments- Mondays: (5:00-5:45 p.m.) – January 8th – April 30th with a performance on April 30th @ 6:00 (Time Subject to change) at the studio. Spots are limited to 20 students.
- Elementary Musical Theater Ages 7 through 5th Grade- No Strings Attached
CLASS IS FULL!!! CLICK HERE TO BE PUT ON THE WAITING LIST. WE ALSO OFFER OUR SHOW CHORUS FOR AGES 7-6TH GRADE
Watch the enchanting story of the old woodcarver Geppetto and his marionette son, Pinocchio, come to life in this delightful musical adaptation. There are many lessons to be learned, but curiosity and temptation keep getting Pinocchio into trouble when he meets up with the Puppet Master, Sly Foxx, Klever Katt, String Bean, the Donkey Children, and the Terrible Shark. Discover how a talking cricket and a magical friend help Pinocchio learn the importance of obedience, respect and telling the truth. Click HERE to listen to a sample of the show.
- (Elementary Spring Season is $375) $75 per month spread into 5 monthly payments Wednesdays: (6:00-7:30 p.m.) – January 10th – May 16th with a performance date set for Saturday, May 19th @ 1:00 & 7:00. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY ADDED TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL THE WEEK OF THE SHOW ON Thursday, May 17th and Friday, May 18th from 5:00-8:00. Spots are limited to 25. Please Note: Students who miss Mandatory Tech and Dress rehearsals or have multiple absences, parts may be released to their understudy and your child’s role may be switched to another. We understand being ill or if there is a family emergency, absences will be excused.
- Middle & High School Musical Theater- Mary Poppins Jr
- The jack-of-all trades, Bert, introduces us to England in 1910 and the troubled Banks family. Young Jane and Michael have sent many a nanny packing before Mary Poppins arrives on their doorstep. Using a combination of magic and common sense, she must teach the family members how to value each other again. Mary Poppins takes the children on many magical and memorable adventures, but Jane and Michael aren’t the only ones upon whom she has a profound effect. Even grown-ups can learn a lesson or two from the nanny who advises that “Anything can happen if you let it.” Click HERE to listen to samples of the music and a breakdown of characters (Spring Season is $425) $85 per month spread into 5 monthly payments- Mondays: (6:00-8:00 p.m.) – January 8th – May 21st with performance dates set for Friday, June 8th @ 7:00 & Saturday June 9th @ 1:00 & 7:00. Spots are limited to 25. THERE WILL BE A MANDATORY ADDED TECH & DRESS REHEARSAL THE WEEK OF THE SHOW ON Thursday, June 7th. The musical will be cast by audition only. Please Note: Students who miss Mandatory Tech and Dress rehearsals or have multiple absences, parts may be released to their understudy and your child’s role may be switched to another. We understand being ill or if there is a family emergency, absences will be excused. Before registering, please be aware that if your child is involved in other activities with their middle & high school during our tech week or important rehearsals prior, their part may be released to another cast member. It is very difficult for the other students when their team members are not present during tech rehearsals.
Tuition is based on a season running for 5 months (4 months for the VPK-6 Year old class)
Factoring in holiday breaks, workshops, and extended class for Production rehearsal
- REGISTRATION FEE: Seasonal non-refundable registration fee – $25 / Student or $30 / Family. Registration includes purchasing show materials & rights to perform music.
- COSTUME FEES: $25 Costume Payments are due by the end of January and include all costumes, headpieces, rental props. Studio handles all sizing, ordering, & any necessary alterations.
- PRODUCTION FEE: Our annual SPRING production is an exciting event for students of all ages. Those participating will pay a production fee of $35 per family due by April 1st. This fee covers rental of the auditorium for rehearsal & production dates, stage crew, lighting, backdrop, and other costs associated with the professional performance for which we are so well known.
Go To Our Registration Page to sign your child up soon before classes fill.
(no class Thanksgiving Week, Spring Break, and major holidays). We will follow Lake County School Holiday Calendar for days off with the exception of Teacher Planning Days. If there are any changes, parents will be notified.
We are located at 305 US-Highway 27 Suite D-Minneola, 34715 at the Minneola Plaza.