Our show chorus began 14 years ago and consists of children between the ages of 7 (By September 1st) through 7th Grade). It is perfect for a child who may be shy but wants to be more comfortable performing on stage- but it is also great for more seasoned performers who would like to audition for solos and have the exposure of singing a solo at a larger venue. If you have a child younger than 7, we recommend our VPK-6 year old Musical Theater Class. Click HERE now to learn more.
We are proud to have had our chorus students featured at Walt Disney World, Downtown Celebration, Gaylord Palms Resort, UCF Arena, United Way events, retirement homes, the National Anthem for the Magic and Braves, The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, and most recently auditioned for America’s Got Talent in Orlando.
We meet once a week and will spend the first ten minutes on music reading, scales, and vocal warm-ups. The remainder of the time will be spent learning our music for the session along with stage choreography.
- Please Note: Students will be performing up to a 25 minute repertoire of music at various locations during the season. Please keep in mind that although our show chorus does not require auditions to join, there are opportunities for solos depending on the songs that are chosen for the season. For anyone that is interested in ‘possible’ singing or speaking solos, we will be looking for how your child projects, their pitch, and stage presence. Dates will be provided for parents in advance on when your child would audition for various solos.
Class schedule, performances, and attire
(CLICK HERE TO SHOW INTEREST IN FALL CLASSES)
- Chorus: Ages 7 (by August 1st, 2018) through 6th Grade each Wednesday (4:30-5:30 p.m.) -August 15 – December 12
- All classes will be located at our studio -305 North US-Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl 34715
- Registration (New & Returning Students): $25 per student or $30 per family, which includes Sheet Music, rehearsal CD, and rights to perform.
- Performing Polo Shirt is required for purchase. $20
- Tuition: $300 for the Season. It is conveniently broken into five monthly payments at $60 per month.
- Performance attire consists of: Black Dress Pants, Black shoes (flats or all black). All shoes will have to be approved by the Caponi’s prior to a performance. No colored shoelaces. All polos are tucked in.
Performance Locations (Subject to Change)
- Gaylord Palms ICE Exhibit (Wednesday, December 19th at 6:30 p.m.). This will be a discounted ticketed event…prices coming soon and we will most likely be taking a bus to save Gaylord Palms parking prices and all of us getting there together. All performers will need to get a ticket in order to perform. Please note: this is part of performing at venues such as this. They do not let groups use their facilities to perform unless tickets are purchased.
- Local Retirement Home or Local Community Event (details to come soon)
- Click HERE to register now f0r the Fall!
- Click HERE to check out our YouTube Channel with videos
The Fall 2018 repertoire will include
- The Greatest Show (from “The Greatest Showman”): “Ladies and Gents, this is the moment you’ve been waiting for…” This memorable opener to P.T. Barnum’s iconic circus in The Greatest Showman is presented in a dynamic choral arrangement, ideal as an opening number for concert, pop and show choirs. “We light it up, we won’t come down, and the sun can’t stop us now. Watching it come true, it’s taking over you. Oh, this is the greatest show!” Fantastic! Click HERE to listen to a preview