Our show chorus began 14 years ago and consists of children between the ages of 7 (By July 1st) through middle school). It is perfect for a child who may be shy but wants to be more comfortable performing on stage- but it is also great for more seasoned performers who would like to audition for solos and have the exposure of singing a solo at a larger venue. If you have a child younger than 7, we recommend our VPK-6 year old Musical Theater Class. Click HERE now to learn more.
We are proud to have had our chorus students featured at Walt Disney World, Downtown Celebration, Gaylord Palms Resort, UCF Arena, United Way events, retirement homes, the National Anthem for the Magic and Braves, The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, and most recently auditioned for America’s Got Talent in Orlando.
We meet once a week and will spend the first ten minutes on music reading, scales, and vocal warm-ups. The remainder of the time will be spent learning our music for the session along with stage choreography.
- Please Note: Students will be performing up to a 25 minute repertoire of music at various locations during the season. Please keep in mind that although our show chorus does not require auditions to join, there are opportunities for solos depending on the songs that are chosen for the season. For anyone that is interested in ‘possible’ singing or speaking solos, we will be looking for how your child projects, their pitch, and stage presence. Dates will be provided for parents in advance on when your child would audition for various solos.
Class schedule, performances, and attire
- Chorus: Ages 7 (by July 1st) through middle school each Wednesday (4:30-5:30 p.m.) -August 16th – December 13th: Class will officially close for late registration on Wednesday, August 30th
- All classes will be located at our studio -305 North US-Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl 34715
- Registration (New & Returning Students): $25 per student or $30 per family, which includes Sheet Music, rehearsal CD, and rights to perform. Performing Polo is Separate
- Performing Polo Shirt is required for purchase. $20
- Tuition: $300 for the fall Season. It is conveniently broken into five monthly payments at $60 per month.
- Performance attire consists of: Khaki shorts or skorts (See Below), white or light colored sneakers and flats are fine, but no sandals, open toed shoes, or bright colored shoes! All shoes will have to be approved by the Caponi’s prior to a performance. No colored shoelaces. All polos are tucked in.
- We have chosen the Khaki Skorts and shorts to be purchased at Target. Please look for the Cat and Jack brand. They are very reasonable in price. Get them soon while school shopping is in session. They are currently available at the store. Click HERE to see the boys and click HERE for the girls. There are actually many options for the girls, whether they are skorts or shorts. As long as they are the khaki color. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANOTHER BRAND FOR THE SHADES WILL BE DIFFERNT.
The Fall 2017 repertoire includes
- Moana Choral Highlights: The Disney film “Moana” is tremendously entertaining, with stunning oceanic animation, a captivating adventure tale, a feisty heroine – and tuneful musical numbers by “Hamilton’s” Lin-Manuel Miranda with the authentic Polynesian sounds of Opetaia Foa’i and Te Vaka. This 12-minute medley includes: How Far I’ll Go; I Am Moana (Song of the Ancestors); We Know the Way; Where You Are and You’re Welcome. Click Here to preview
- White Christmas Choral Medley: Watching the movie “White Christmas” is as much a part of the holidays as decorating a tree. This twelve-minute choral medley of the Irving Berlin score will be a part of our holiday program! Includes: The Best Things Happen While You’re Dancing; Blue Skies; Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep; Sisters; Snow and White Christmas. Click HERE to preview
- Birthday Celebration Medley: The chorus will now be learning an on-going medley for this and future seasons for those in the audience who have a birthday and we will sing this celebration to them.
Celebrate the birthday of anyone or any organization in your school with this short medley that includes the famous traditional melody along with songs by “The Beatles” and Stevie Wonder. Includes: Birthday; Happy Birthday and Good Morning to You. Click HERE to preview.
City of Stars from La La Land“And the Oscar goes to…” this, the signature song from critically acclaimed and highly awarded “La La Land.” Winner of Best Original Song at the Academy Awards, the Golden Globes, and the Criticâ€™s Choice Movie Awards, this melancholy yet hopeful ballad features a haunting tune and a distinctive piano accompaniment that are instantly recognizable and extremely well suited for choral groups. Click HERE to preview
Performance Locations (Subject to Change)
Finalizing possible (either/or): Festival of Trees in November (Orlando Museum of Art), Light Up Clermont (Saturday morning, December 2nd (Time TBA), and local retirement community in December. Most likely last class on a Wednesday instead of meeting at the studio.