Our show chorus began 15 years ago and consists of children between the ages of 7 (By September 1st) through 6th Grade). It is perfect for a child who may be shy but wants to be more comfortable performing on stage- but it is also great for more seasoned performers who would like to audition for solos and have the exposure of singing a solo at a larger venue. If you have a child younger than 7, we recommend our VPK-6 year old Musical Theater Class. Click HERE now to learn more.
We are proud to have had our chorus students featured at Walt Disney World, Downtown Celebration, Gaylord Palms Resort, UCF Arena, United Way events, retirement homes, the National Anthem for the Magic and Braves, The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, and even auditioned for America’s Got Talent in Orlando.
We meet once a week and will spend the first five minutes on music reading, scales, and vocal warm-ups. The remainder of the time will be spent learning our music for the session along with stage choreography.
Please Note: Students will be performing up to a 25 minute repertoire of music at various locations during the season. Please keep in mind that although our show chorus does not require auditions to join, there are opportunities for solos depending on the songs that are chosen for the season. For anyone that is interested in ‘possible’ singing or speaking solos, we will be looking for how your child projects, their pitch, and stage presence. Dates will be provided for parents in advance on when your child would audition for various solos.
Note From Mr. Caponi
I have been directing the chorus for 15 years and the time has come where a new director may come in after this season. It has been an amazing journey and the decision is going to be very difficult. For the spring season, I plan on creating a repertoire of not only new music, but bringing back some of the most memorable music from the past 15 years. I use the word, maybe (retirement), only because you never know what is going to happen. Nevertheless, this is going to be an amazing season and I’m sure it will be emotional for me, but I look forward to some great memories.
Class schedule, performances, and attire
(CLICK HERE TO SHOW INTEREST IN SPRING CLASSES)
- Chorus: Ages 7 (by August 1st, 2018) through 6th Grade each Wednesday (4:30-5:30 p.m.) -January 9th – May 15th
- All classes will be located at our studio -305 North US-Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl 34715
- Registration (New & Returning Students): $25 per student or $30 per family, which includes Sheet Music, rehearsal CD, and rights to perform.
- Performing Polo Shirt is required for purchase. $20
- Tuition: $300 for the Season. It is conveniently broken into five monthly payments at $60 per month.
- Performance attire consists of: Black Dress Pants, Black shoes (flats or all black). All shoes will have to be approved by the Caponi’s prior to a performance. No colored shoelaces. All polos are tucked in.
Fall Performances Locations (Spring coming soon)
- Gaylord Palms ICE Exhibit (Wednesday, December 19th at 6:30 p.m.). This will be a discounted ticketed event…prices coming soon and we will most likely be taking a bus to save Gaylord Palms parking prices and all of us getting there together. All performers will need to get a ticket in order to perform. Please note: this is part of performing at venues such as this. They do not let groups use their facilities to perform unless tickets are purchased.
- Local Retirement Home or Local Community Event (details to come soon)
- Click HERE to register now f0r the Fall!
- Click HERE to check out our YouTube Channel with videos
The Fall 2018 repertoire will include (spring coming soon)
- The Greatest Show (from “The Greatest Showman”): “Ladies and Gents, this is the moment you’ve been waiting for…” This memorable opener to P.T. Barnum’s iconic circus in The Greatest Showman is presented in a dynamic choral arrangement, ideal as an opening number for concert, pop and show choirs. “We light it up, we won’t come down, and the sun can’t stop us now. Watching it come true, it’s taking over you. Oh, this is the greatest show!” Fantastic! Click HERE to listen to a preview