Our show chorus began 14 years ago and consists of children between the ages of 7 (By July 1st) through middle school). It is perfect for a child who may be shy but wants to be more comfortable performing on stage- but it is also great for more seasoned performers who would like to audition for solos and have the exposure of singing a solo at a larger venue. If you have a child younger than 7, we recommend our VPK-6 year old Musical Theater Class. Click HERE now to learn more.
We are proud to have had our chorus students featured at Walt Disney World, Downtown Celebration, Gaylord Palms Resort, UCF Arena, United Way events, retirement homes, the National Anthem for the Magic and Braves, The Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, and most recently auditioned for America’s Got Talent in Orlando.
We meet once a week and will spend the first ten minutes on music reading, scales, and vocal warm-ups. The remainder of the time will be spent learning our music for the session along with stage choreography.
- Please Note: Students will be performing up to a 25 minute repertoire of music at various locations during the season. Please keep in mind that although our show chorus does not require auditions to join, there are opportunities for solos depending on the songs that are chosen for the season. For anyone that is interested in ‘possible’ singing or speaking solos, we will be looking for how your child projects, their pitch, and stage presence. Dates will be provided for parents in advance on when your child would audition for various solos.
Class schedule, performances, and attire
(CLASS IS CLOSED. CLICK HERE TO SHOW INTEREST IN SUMMER OR FALL CLASSES
- Chorus: Ages 7 (by July 1st 2017) through middle school each Wednesday (4:30-5:30 p.m.) -January 10 – May 16:
- All classes will be located at our studio -305 North US-Highway 27 Suite D Minneola, Fl 34715
- Registration (New & Returning Students): $25 per student or $30 per family, which includes Sheet Music, rehearsal CD, and rights to perform.
- Performing Polo Shirt is required for purchase. $20
- Tuition: $300 for the Spring Season. It is conveniently broken into five monthly payments at $60 per month.
- Performance attire consists of: Black Dress Pants, shorts, or skorts. Check back soon for ordering attire form. Black shoes (flats or all black). All shoes will have to be approved by the Caponi’s prior to a performance. No colored shoelaces. All polos are tucked in.
Performance Locations (Subject to Change)
- UCF Knights Basketball Game National Anthem Versus Tulane Sunday, March 4th (4:30 p.m.)- UCF Knights Basketball Game National Anthem Versus Tulane. This is the last game of the season for the Knights, so it should be a packed crowd. Ticket is required for all performers and their parents. We get a group package at $5.00 per ticket (subject to change) You are required to drive to the CFE ARENA.
- Pig on the Pond (Clermont). Sunday, March 11th at 3:00 p.m.)
- Orlando Eye Performance (Friday, May 11th-Tentative 7:00 p.m. performance). Tickets are $10 each. All performers will need a ticket!
- Click HERE to register now f0r the Spring!
- Click HERE to check out our YouTube Channel with videos
The Spring 2017 repertoire includes
- Another Day of Sun: Here’s the optimistic opening number from La La Land. Who can forget those boisterous singing and dancing motorists on L.A.’s jammed 110 freeway at the start of the 2016 box office smash? This dynamic arrangement captures the excitement of the score with rhythmic drive, varied choral textures, and a rousing accompaniment. A perfect opener or closer, and a golden opportunity for choreography! Click HERE to listen